1. We work on a contingency fee basis. This means that we don’t make any money on the case unless we win. You pay nothing up front. This is great news for you. If we agree to take your case, you know we have a vested interest in you and your case and we’re going to fight hard to win. Not all attorneys work on a contingency basis, so fees are always an important thing to address before hiring an attorney.
2. We have areas of expertise. While there are general practice attorneys who specialize in multiple fields, most attorneys have an area or two that they specialize in. We have a passion for helping people who have been involved in accidents and our area of expertise is personal injury law. This is just a fancy title for a case involving an injury of some sort. We also handle other types of cases but we do have practice areas that we don’t cover, such as family law. If you think you have a case, we’re always happy to have an initial consultation free of charge. And if you happen to need an attorney outside our areas of expertise, we usually know a good attorney and can point you in the right direction.
3. We get a bad reputation for lengthy cases. It can take a long time to resolve cases and clients often think the attorney is to blame. In reality there are many things to juggle. Treatments, insurance companies, witnesses, defense, medical providers and trials all play an important part in a case. Unfortunately, no matter how hard we try, there are several things impacting the speed of a case. We move cases as quickly as possible and always keep your best interest at heart.
4. It takes more than an education. We spent a lot of time learning in law school, studied and had to pass exams and be sworn in as an officer of the court. But even then we weren’t good attorneys. It’s about having the loyalty and drive to win a case and gaining experience along the way. There aren’t any two cases that are exactly alike and many involve complicated issues. It takes time and experiences to sort through every ounce of each case. We only take cases that we believe in and can give 100%.
5. We are more than an Attorney. Many times it happens to be unfortunate events that bring clients to us. We do our best to not only be an attorney but to be a friend first and a shoulder when it’s needed. When we take a case, clients become family and we fill whatever shoes we can to provide comfort and reassurance to our clients.